Production Coordinator, Ten Cent
Full Time Job
The Production Coordinator I for ESPN's partnership in China will assist in the day-to-day operation of production content, logistics and financial planning of a group of assigned shows or sport categories.
• Assists in the day-to-day operation of production content, logistics and financial planning of a group of assigned shows or sport categories.
• Works in conjunction with Operations Department to assist with logistics (in and out-of-house).
• Organizes and distributes show production elements and materials (i.e. Sales, graphics and promotional information).
• Acts as liaison for assigned sport/show categories between Production, other ESPN departments and outside entities.
• Supports staff, Talent, Producers, Directors, Graphics/Playback Producers, Associate Directors, Associate Producers, Content Associates and Production Assistants on the systematic processes of assigned sport/show unit.
• Participates in the recruiting, selecting and scheduling of Content Associates and Production Assistants as needed, for specific production groups and sport categories/show units.
• Responsible for training new hires on Production departmental processes and procedures.
• Works with upper management on scheduling of assigned personnel, regarding event and show assignments, tracks personnel overtime and vacation time.
• Provides objective feedback on performance to staff and freelance personnel and shares feedback as required.
• Organize and plan production clinics, seminars, workshops, surveys and meetings for production personnel.
• Plans, requests and allocates production facility needs of assigned sports/shows.
• At the direction of Coordinating Producers, requests contracts and service agreements.
• Includes technical, logistical, financial and administrative aspects of productions in assigned areas.
• Works with production teams to ensure assigned productions meet established network creative and technical specifications, business objectives and financial goals.
• Operates within the context of defined Production goals and objectives.
• Decisions are guided by established corporate policies and Production operational policies.
• Work is reviewed from a short-to-mid-term perspective and against defined objectives, budgets and schedules.
• Responsible for the handling and trafficking of sensitive information (budgetary, fee-related, etc.)
• Responsible for dealing with time-sensitive materials and decisions.
• During Production peak times, remains accessible and is often required to work non-traditional days/hours.Traveling for productions (domestic and international) may be required.
• Possesses basic understanding of the production of studio shows, remote events and/or packaged shows.
• Has knowledge of the operational and logistical aspects of production planning.
• Has basic experience in various aspects of production management (i.e. processing contracts and invoices, creating, maintaining and distributing production information, travel management, production personnel scheduling/staffing).
• Has some financial management experience.
• Must possess strong communication skills (i.e. clear and concise in all forms of communication, ability to handle high-volume email and phone traffic as well as in-person interactions).
• Must possess strong organizational skills (i.e. budgeting time and prioritizing workload, accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks, ability to implement systematic processes and organize information flow).
• Demonstrates ability to take initiative; suggests ideas and solutions to problems that arise or before they occur.
• Must understand the value of synergy in a dynamic organization.
• Has demonstrated ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that arise and are subject to continual change.
• Has advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• A minimum of 2 to 5 years of production and/or operations experience.
• Strong bilingual Mandarin/English speaking/writing skills.
• Unparalleled knowledge of the China market.
• Working knowledge of WebEx, Morello, NCS, ENPS and SAP.
• Has some financial management experience.
• Extensive knowledge of sports such as basketball, soccer, boxing, golf, tennis, auto racing and all major American professional sports.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• College degree or equivalent.
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.