This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2016 1:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Producer I jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Producer I postings
Full Time Job
Person will be responsible for day to day oversight of assigned productions. Assignments may include studio shows, live events, and special projects. Responsibilities around each assignment will include all details, up to and including talent selection, creative direction, editorial decisions, show design, team management and actual on line execution.
• Provides creative, budgetary, personnel and administrative direction for assigned aspects of events / studio production of assigned sports events.
• Is accountable for the content quality of assigned sports events; tracks and reports on production schedules and budgets for assigned sports events
• For assigned productions, plans and coordinates the full scope of event / studio activities and is responsible for entire team working on said project- directs Producers, Associate Producers and Production Assistants in assigned aspects of the international remote / studio production
• May suggest new concepts for assigned event / studio telecasts; enhances the current philosophy, line-up and continuity of assigned event / studio telecasts; reviews and determines the look and feel of assigned event / studio telecasts ; participates in the design and implementation of innovative graphics for assigned sports productions.
• Pre-production activities include: evaluating the proposed venue (where applicable); directing the production arrangements for assigned sports event/studio telecasts; establishing production schedules up to and through the event; establishing the format and sequence of events for the live event/show; oversees and controls the flow of production assets for assigned sports productions
• On-site/ in-studio management activities include: leading the moment-to-moment editorial direction of the content of each assigned event with regards to show content, storylines, graphic content, and commentator information; oversees the activities of event crews.
• Directs the conduct of research on sports information to obtain materials necessary for the production of assigned sports events
• Participates in or develops concepts and content for assigned sports telecasts/ shows to reach viewers and to increase ESPN's market penetration, ratings and viewership
• Recommends the content and focus of each assigned remote / studio production including the storylines; during a production, identifies and follows-up on emerging stories and breaking news
• Uses mastery of sports knowledge and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts and content of assigned event/studio productions
• Leads the assigned on-air staff to create and write creative and compelling content for assigned event/studio production; participates in the development of most or all of the creative concepts of assigned remote / studio sports telecasts
• Typically has 6- to 8-years of progressively complex related event / studio or related sports production experience
• Has an advanced ability to create and produce compelling sports news event / studio sports content; generates and executes assigned event / studio productions, from concept to execution
• Has an advanced knowledge of real-time sports productions / graphics promotions
• Has and applies advanced knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for assigned event/studio productions
• Has a good appreciation of the popular cultures, e.g., ''what's cool'' and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers in those countries where assigned productions are aired
• Has a good understanding of ESPN's market positioning and strategiesHas good knowledge of sports and sports history, including international sports
• High School diploma
• College Degree in related field
Company Overview At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.