Part-Time Sports Content Researcher
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2016 10:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Part-Time Sports Content Researcher jobs in Austin-TX
Search all Part-Time Sports Content Researcher postings
Part Time Job
Based in Austin, Tx, a Content Researcher will use broad and deep sports knowledge to ensure the accuracy of live news-and-information shows on Longhorn Network and other ESPN shows and platforms. Examples include Texas GameDay, and sport-specific shows on soccer, baseball, football, basketball and other sports and various game broadcasts. Responsibilities will include researching original content for full-screen graphics, topic bars, anchor lead-ins and original pieces, as well as creating and dispersing information to other areas of ESPN, such as Studio Production, Event Production, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, ESPN Mobile, and ESPN International.
The Content Researcher will be a primary driver of research content for Longhorn Network programming and contribute to ESPN Stats & Information's content generation efforts across the college sports landscape. This person will think globally about content and consider the broader ESPN-wide perspective and demonstrate leadership competencies in leading themselves and colleagues.
Note: This position will average no more than 28 hours per week; the number of hours scheduled will vary based on production needs.
Ideal candidates will possess the following traits:
• Keen ability to work well independently
• A self-starter, able to manage and prioritize working time on the fly and adapt to rapidly changing work conditions.
• Awareness of how the use of advanced metrics affects the way fans assess performance across several sports
• Expert-level sports knowledge across multiple sports including knowledge of analytic metrics and trends
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail in striving for 100 percent accuracy
• Strong news/content judgment
• Thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• Able to adhere to strict deadlines and react to breaking news.
• In-depth knowledge of ESPN's Digital Media coverage of all sports and games
• Serve as the primary source for research content and graphics for all Longhorn Network shows and contribute to content generation efforts for all ESPN college sports programming.
• Utilizes broad and deep sports knowledge to ensure that graphics, game notes, anchor scripts and reporter scripts are factually and statistically accurate.
• Develops original graphics that provide statistical or factual analysis of events, news stories and topical issues.
• Writes, researches and creates other on-air visual elements such as topic bars, lower-third graphics and automated score panels.
• Shapes and enhances storylines using strong editorial judgment and clear, concise written content.
• Demonstrates the necessary speed, accuracy and creativity to do all the normal research tasks and takes on additional duties to enhance shows, sports and content across platforms
• Researches original content and statistics for virtually every element of a studio show. Provides real-time updates and trend notes for anchors in studio and for score panels.
• Develop and communicates storylines for Longhorn Network programming and other college-focused networks and shows. These ideas might also be used across other ESPN platforms.
• Supports Event Production game crews with notes and news articles.
• Creates and builds strong relationships with show and sport units; becomes an integral member of those teams.
• Expected to be competent at all on-site roles and remote locations when necessary, representing the department professionally at all times.
• Plan, facilitate and lead meetings and/or educational seminars within the department, across SIG and with Longhorn Network staff.
• Incorporates Next Level and advanced metrics into all aspects of work, as part of a wide array of research tools to utilize.
• Takes a proactive approach to working with managers to address issues and offer suggestions on solving problems.
• Approaches job from a larger ESPN-wide perspective.
• Night, weekend and holiday work will be required.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to do all the work required of a lead project or show researcher at an elite level.
• Deep and very broad sports knowledge across multiple sports. Must have expert-level recall of current and historical sports statistics, news, events and milestones.
• Elite writing and grammar skills. Must have demonstrated ability to research and to write air-ready scripts and edit and improve anchors' scripts.
• Must be able to identify appropriate statistical tools, advanced statistics or Next Level data to support storylines across all platforms.
• The ability to provide full availability for this position which will include nights, weekends and holidays.
• The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with statistics, covering sports, or analyzing sports events, news and issues.
• Expertise around University of Texas and other college sports including players, traditions, history and records.
• Experience in researching a live Event broadcast or demonstrated equivalent ability in a high-pressure live environment.
• Experience working with sports content and storylines via TV, radio, newspaper or a notable sports blog
• Experience in sports news production with an emphasis on the graphic interpretation of news events
• Professional experience in following and shaping stories at all stages of development
• Experience in television/video production
• Fluency in reading, speaking and writing Spanish
• High School diploma or equivalent
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.