Part-Time Scheduling Coordinator
Part Time Job
A scheduling coordinator organizes and prepares work schedules for Audience Development employees to ensure the appropriate amount of staff is available for each work shift. This includes approving and scheduling time off for employees and ensuring vacant shifts are filled to meet staffing requirements. The coordinator creates and maintains monthly staffing schedules, which include verifying employees' work hours, requested time off, as well as when travel is required as part of schedule. Reporting responsibilities also include monitoring scheduled overtime for the department.
Along with scheduling and monitoring employee work schedules, the staffing coordinator will also assist in the orientation of new employees, explaining the requirements of work shifts and hours, as well as training new employees on systems or programs used to report work hours.
• Generate monthly and daily assignment schedules for various content distribution teams – web, app programming, alerts and social –based on established guidelines and schedule with minimal guidance from supervisor.
• Maintain accuracy of daily personnel schedules to ensure all necessary functions are covered.
• Monitor and implement changes issued by content distribution management to adjust staffing needs as necessary.
• Evaluate and recommend staffing options to compensate for illness, vacations or other absences.
• Evaluate and recommend staffing efficiencies across departments.
• Communicate staffing and schedule changes to affected groups or individuals.
• Works with leadership on scheduling of assigned personnel, regarding event coverage, tracks holiday, vacation and scheduled overtime.
• Assist Audience Development management in the scheduling and organization of remote travel for on-site coverage.
• Provide support on a variety of projects as required.
• 1 years relevant work experience
• Work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day
• Proficient with Windows-based PC applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Excel
• Possess strong organizational skills and ability to perform independently with minimal guidance
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Applicant has ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Applicant has experience working with scheduling software.
• Applicant has experience booking travel.
• High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education experience.
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.