Part Time Designer II Motion Graphics
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2016 9:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Part Time Designer II Motion Graphics jobs in Charlotte-NC
Search all Part Time Designer II Motion Graphics postings
Part Time Job
The Part Time Designer II, Motion Graphics is a part-time role based in Charlotte and is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics directories at an advanced level. This position provides creative support for long-range assignments and daily production, is involved in group projects, and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong motion and conceptualization skills, the ability to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN's on-air product.
ESPN's Creative Services/Production Enhancements team provides first-rate service to our partners while driving creativity, vision, and innovation. We look to inspire, create and deliver across all our areas…whether it's design, graphics, animation, editing, music, sound design, or development of new production tools for event and studio production.
• For this role we are specifically seeking individuals with experience building, testing and deploying graphics using Viz Artist and Viz Trio.
• Utilizes Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator to to create advanced animations for network productions and long-range assignments, as well as 3D animation apps such as Cinema4D, Maya, and VIZ-RT.
• Translates project details and creative direction into unique design, animation, and layout solutions.
• Creates graphics and animations for touchscreens, print and set designs, studio/remote applications, and 'proof of concept' projects.
• Creates and develops graphics in a fast-paced, live production environment
• Proactively collaborates within the ESPN Creative Services group to contribute on longer-term initiatives.
• Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
• Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
• Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Displays strong understanding and regular use of effective typography.
• Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
• Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
• 3D animation experience in either Cinema 4D or Maya. Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe AfterEffects also a necessity. VizRT experience preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise of animation principles and theory a necessity.
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
• Must be able to work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) as assignments or training necessitate.
• Must have reliable transportation to work.
• Minimum of 4 years hands-on design, graphics, animation, or motion graphics experience with Adobe products, Cinema4D, Maya, VIZ-RT, or related software equivalents in a major TV market or network level.
• Understanding of real-time software packages
• Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
• Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks.
• Bilingual speaking and writing preferred.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
Company Overview At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.