Master Control Operator
ESPNLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 7:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Master Control Operator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Master Control Operator postings
Full Time Job
Production Operations is a division of Programming and Production and consists of several groups: Network Control, PCR, Studio, Content Edit, Post Edit and Business Resources. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Master Control Operator will make use of proficient skills in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas to execute live and pre-recorded programming and commercials as scheduled. The Master Control Operator will understand & execute these items and more, including but not limited to: protocols for live programs, commercial and program log documentation, regional feeds and market protection procedures, intercom communication procedures, media transfers for specific operating conditions, and any required documentation.
• Network operation for individual recorded and/or live shows, content and commercial segments, in response to the changing creative and master control operational requirements of the ESPN network(s)
• Proficient knowledge and application of network control standards & information along with operating systems. Will conduct a proficient level of quality control measuring and take corrective action steps to enhance audio/video in support of applicable ESPN Standard Operating Procedures
• Proficient understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations. Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication with those business units to best convey the issues necessary for resolution
• Demonstrate proficient skills problem solving, troubleshooting, effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution
• Potential to participate in training of others in operational areas and generate training documentation
• Provide support for ESPN Domestic networks, International networks and digital platforms
• Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self/career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation
• Handle administrative tasks including, but not limited to, the effective utilization of all ESPN software based applications (such as time entry, travel and expense filing,) and daily shift reporting
• Embrace company initiatives including town and/or departmental meetings, upward feedback, performance management applications and employee surveys
• Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans
• Assigned to operational roles and expected to report on system status for specific area
• Complies fully with company and/or departmental standard operating procedures. May support the updating of SOPs for area
• Must be adept at understanding complex information and demonstrate comprehension through operational proficiency
• Expected to share experiences and offer solutions to standard workflow or system problems
• Expected to initiate productive interactions with counterparts in Operations and closely related support departments. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines
• Communicates regularly with direct Supervisor and/or Manager in compliance with departmental guidelines
• Regularly document progress of commitments online within the Performance Management system
• Provides quality service in assigned area to all customers, as defined and assigned by management
• As necessary, participate in team based projects and contribute recommendations for the departmental objectives
• Minimum of 2 Years practical TV Production or related experience
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and manage simultaneous projects.
• Solid communication skills.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives
• Solid knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; VTRs, server based recording/ playback devices and related software
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.