Full Time Job
The ESPN Programming and Ad Sales Finance Department is looking for a Finance Manager supporting Programming and Ad Sales. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Finance for Programming and Ad Sales, is based in Bristol, CT and will have oversight of one or more direct reports. This individual will work closely with ESPN's Revenue Management and Research teams to prepare strategic financial plans for key forecast periods, oversee recurring deliverables such as weekly ad sales pacing and numerous corporate reporting requirements, and serve as the lead point person for the Department's Business Intelligence activities.
• Assist with consolidation of Quarterly Forecasts, Budgets, and Long Range Plans for total ESPN Ad Sales representing all LOB's.
• Preparation of all deliverables and presentation material associated with annual and five-year plans to Finance and Ad Sales executive leadership, as well as required deliverables for Financial Planning. Develop and prepare presentations summarizing industry trends, five-year plan, and annual budget performance for overall ad sales.
• Be a leading member of the Finance BI Development team having oversight of the creations of ad hoc reports within Business Objects, the UAT of new data enhancements, and responsibility for both new and existing data visualizations and dashboards using VI tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau).
• Leverage Business Intelligence universes for the benefit of forecasting, planning, month-end, and corporate reporting. Work to develop improved ad sales analytics and processes. Improve depth of existing reporting and analysis around key metrics to provide better insight for both Finance and Sales teams.
• Oversee forecast and planning processes including template design, coordination of meetings, and consolidation of revenue and metrics.
• Oversee deliverables for all SportsCenter, News and Information, Poker, Boxing and Tennis programming including Programming and Ad Sales requests, P&L work, Variance Explanations, Quarterly Forecasts, Annual Plan, and Long Range Plans.
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of Weekly Ad Sales Pacing. Continue to seek ways to improve forecasting quarterly ad sales expectations against targeted goals (Forecasts and Plan).
• Oversee completion of ongoing and periodic ad sales deliverables including requests for Hearst, BOD Meetings and Corporate Finance.
• Work with senior leaders, finance management and peers on strategic and ad hoc projects as they arise.
• Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills.
• Highly proficient in Excel modeling and exposure to front end report development in a Business Intelligence tool (Business Objects / Cognos / MicroStrategy).
• Demonstrated experience working closely with information systems and/or strong ability to quickly learn new information systems.
• 6 years of professional work experience, preferably in a media sales planning, finance, or other analytical role.
• Experience with detailed forecasting and the ability to analyze the overall financial picture.
• Highly independent, strong communication skills, and an initiative driven work ethic committed to problem solving.
• Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
• Experience interacting and presenting to senior-level management.
• Able to establish a voice of influence and ability to interact with all levels of individuals within an organization.
• Bachelor of Science in Finance or Business equivalent
• MBA Preferred
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.