Lead Audio Operator
Full Time Job
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Control, Content Edit, Studio Operations, Production Control Rooms, Facility Resources and Business Operations. We also have specialists in Resource Project Coordination, Business Administration and more. Though we staff many traditional roles in the television industry, our work is produced and then converted into many formats for different distribution on platforms such as mobile phones, iPads, Video on Demand, .com and other digital carriers.
The Production Control Room Group or PCR is the largest group in Production Operations and includes audio, TD and video playout/edit related positions. PCR staff work directly with our live studio shows and events to produce the highest quality product with our signature ESPN brand.
The Lead Audio Operator is responsible for mixing and monitoring all audio sources for both live and taped programming, including but not limited to microphones, music, sound effects and natural sound. This person is expected to work with the production team in maintaining ESPN's high standards of audio presentation for all studio shows, and will have advanced proficiency in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; audio mixing consoles, outboard equipment, MADI router, digital audio delivery servers, microphone and IFB signal flows, mix minus, intercom devices, broadcast routers, etc.
• Proficient level of operational skills and abilities in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; audio mixing consoles, outboard equipment, MADI router, digital audio delivery servers, microphone and IFB signal flows, mix minus, intercom devices, broadcast routers, etc.
• Highly developed knowledge of broadcast methods of measuring audio signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations.
• In-depth understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations. Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required. Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
• Expected to train others in operational areas and generate training documentation.
• Ability to interpret and understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel.
• Participation in required administrative tasks including, but not limited to, the effective utilization of all ESPN software based applications (such as time entry, travel and expense filing,) and daily shift reporting.
• All employees are expected to embrace company initiatives including town and/or departmental meetings, upward feedback performance management applications and employee surveys.
• Minimum of 4 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and manage simultaneous projects.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• The above listed items are the minimum requirements for this grade level.
• Solid knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; non-linear edit systems, broadcast routers, media management process and applications, technical standards, etc.
• Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field.
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.