Format Analyst I
Full Time Job
The Format Analyst I supports the Format Analysis Programming team on the coordination of the Day-of-Air program schedules and commercial formats for multiple ESPN networks. The Format Analyst will contribute to the strategic scheduling of commercial formats based on contractual deal points to maximize viewership, value and revenue. The role will be to work with various internal teams including Programming Planning & Acquisitions, Revenue Management, Sales, Finance, Marketing and Production.
The Format Analyst I, reports directly to the Manager, Format Analysis.
• Acquire and manage commercial format information for development and implementation within NCS and Content Scheduler systems.
• Create commercial formats with precise sales, promotional, and contractual data.
• Participates in assessing the efficiencies and maximization of commercial formats for sports and events, with suggestions on format changes if needed.
• Assists with the accurate and timely format assignment during the yearly UpFront process.
• Works as a member of the Programming Department at large to contribute to the overall networks strategy for the company. Proactively contribute innovative ideas to continue to grow our business.
• Provide network coordination and prepare the daily Day of Air Report.
• Complete specific projects as assigned by management.
• One year of television Programming, Production, Sales or related experience.
• Strong knowledge of sports, sports business and/or media marketplace.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work on multiple networks at the same time and prioritize accordingly.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Two years of Television Programming, Production, Sales or related experience.
• Knowledge of NCS or Content Scheduler system a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, business, or sport management or a related field.
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.