Feature Producer I, E:60
Full Time Job
The Feature Producer I will produce feature elements as assigned by Senior Management with attention to editorial structure and creative visuals, including field producing interviews and b-roll. He or she will also be responsible for writing scripts and selecting all production elements.
• Produces long-form feature stories, profiles, investigations and documentaries, from concept to completion for air, for ESPN's award-winning primetime sports magazine show
• Generates, researches and pitches content/story ideas
• Determines the content, writing, editing style and storyline of features
• Arranges for talent, graphics, animation, equipment and crews
• Writes scripts
• Oversees feature "shoots"
• Oversees editing to achieve the desired storyline and high-end production
• Plans and directs the work of freelance production personnel and freelance technicians during feature story productions. Ability to shoot/edit and knowledge of innovations in technology with cameras and edit is a plus
• Presents work for review to the responsible Coordinating Producer at regular intervals and milestones
• Develops concepts and content for feature stories to reach viewers and increase ESPN's market penetration, ratings, viewership, and social media reach
• Provides regular feedback and mentoring to Associate Producers and Production Assistants Participates in decisions regarding the full scope of creative, content, production and cost/benefit decisions for assigned feature stories and investigations
• Recommendations and decisions are subject to general review and are guided by the defined objectives and outcomes of assigned feature stories
• Pushes the envelope creatively while working within confines of budget restrictions of particular piece or show
• Works independently without Talent when necessary or desired, conducting excellent interviews and writing outstanding scripts
• Embraces and seeks knowledge of technological advances in field and post production
• Actively maximizes cross-platform potential of feature production
• Has an ability to identify, create and write compelling feature stories and investigations while executing high-end production from concept to completion.
• Has strong research and journalistic skills.
• Has strong communication and writing skills.
• Proven ability to supervise effectively camera crews and editors; has demonstrated high-end production skills with shooting, editing, audio/music, etc.
• Has very good budget and resource management skills
• Minimum 5 years of progressively complex related production experience with advanced prior experience producing features.
• Specific knowledge of television production technique used in digital environment.
• Use of various computer programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, ENPS, NCS, various inter- and intranet sights.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.