Fall Intern - Production
Full Time Paid Internship
The Production Department produces content for ESPN's family of networks that fans can watch on television, their computer, tablet or smart phone; examples include SportsCenter, Baseball Tonight and NFL Live.
A Day in the Life:
• Screens games, selects shots and creates shot sheets for assigned highlights
• Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases; selects material for bumps and roll-outs
• Operates studio teleprompter system
• Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms
• Logs and archives video and associated data for future use
• Researches, writes and disseminates ideas for future content element on ESPN platforms
• May join specific show or sport staffs
What You Bring to the Role:
• Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
• Elite knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events
• Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment including but not limited to Final Cut Pro and Avid
• High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
• Experience operating a teleprompter
• Historical knowledge of US sports
• Experience with editing, screening, logging and/or archiving video
• Familiarity with sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
• Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. May 2017 graduates are eligible.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are Sept 11 – Nov 18, 2017. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance is available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.