Full Time Job
Directs television productions by coordinating the information about the show before it airs, then disseminating that information to the crew involved during the broadcast. They will need to be a team builder who has good technical skills.
• Directs live television productions from the control room by ''calling the shots'' to the production crew, technical crew and anchors involved.
• Coordinates and executes all aspects of a fast paced ''live'' production that never goes as scripted.
• Insure a clear, concise and orderly flow of information to those involved during the broadcast.
• Coordinates the show's rundown to reflect production values, such as video, audio and graphic requirements before the production.
• Communicates the necessary information about elements of the show to be aired, such as information regarding live shots, studio guests, graphic requirements, etc., and complete and/or coordinates any accompanying paperwork.
• Oversees all aspects of the production, whether technical in nature, such as lighting, camera positions, special effects, etc., as well as production values, such as timings, graphics, etc., to insure a first-rate, quality broadcast before, during and after a broadcast.
• A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
• Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation is a necessity.
• Leadership skills are a must as the position includes facility and crew oversight, organizing and executing the look of the show, problem solving after the show.
• Hard working, detail oriented, passionate about production, interested in technical areas and continually offers creative ideas.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency preferred
• Minimum of 10 years' major market experience or network equivalent preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.