Digital Audio Producer
Full Time Job
This is a Project-position with an estimated job duration of eighteen (18) months.
• Responsible for managing the development, execution, and distribution of specific genres of digital audio content (i.e. Fantasy Football, the NBA, etc.).
• Develops topic ideas, books guests, and directs talent to produce recurring audio podcasts, with portions of that content positioned for even wider distribution by way of clubhouse pages, personalized alerts, and digital partnerships where appropriate.
• Delegates responsibilities and assigns tasks and schedules to Digital Audio Production Assistants and similar positions in the creation and distribution or audio content, whether original or migrated.
• Contributes to the quality control and presentation of live content in the audio stream, both visually and the actual audio content, most specifically play-by-play events across our various digital properties as determined by each set of rights afforded to Digital Audio.
• Understands and identifies technology solution to address unique podcast record scenarios both in studio and on the go as required.
• Manages record, personnel, talent, and publishing schedules to optimize consumption of the content, then communicates and facilitates inclusion of all relevant parties from talent, to show page editors, to social media distribution.
• Determines best visual assets to accompany audio content on show pages, social media posts, and any other relevant methods of distributing content.
• Writes, records, and edits audio promotional content to market podcasts within other podcasts, the online audio stream, and where appropriate, the terrestrial radio feed.
• Writes copy to accompany the audio content on show pages, in social media posts, and in push notifications to succinctly describe the content and entice the user to engage with the piece.
• Prioritizes divergent responsibilities/opportunities to maximize consumption of content at the highest-quality level.
• At least 3 years of experience in linear or digital audio production and editing and/or 2 years in sports radio/audio environment.
• Experience with audio editing tools, digital audio publishing platforms.
• Knowledge of sports and sports media and the position of digital audio within that landscape.
• Familiarity with digital audio content distribution methods, technologies, and platforms (i.e. iTunes).
• Proficiency with audio distribution via social media.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in communications or related field and/or equivalent experience
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.