Designer - ESPN Deportes
Part Time Job
ESPN Deportes is looking for a highly motivated designer to work remotely with the digital editorial staff. The designer must have impeccable design aesthetic and exceptional typography skills. They will work closely with the lead ESPN Deportes director across projects including editorial, marketing, social and product design initiatives.
Qualified candidates must have 2 years of experience working within the field of print and digital design, and possess the following characteristics:
• Clean and modern design aesthetic that works within the ESPN Deportes brand.
• Experience working on print and digital creative.
• Able to manage a fast paced environment.
• Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and a good communicator with a demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
• Understanding of working within a digital environment.
• Ability to support the creation and enhancement of content related to design and layout.
• Sophisticated visual sense and a proven understanding of modern graphic design theory including typography, composition and hierarchy.
• Outstanding organization skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple short- and long-term priorities.
• Strong knowledge, awareness and judgment of sports news topics.
• A solution-oriented, innovative mindset that can develop strategic visions and adopt tactical executions that enhance the fan's experience while furthering company and department priorities.
• Capable of establishing buy-in from peers, management and outside groups through the clear communication of priorities and expectations.
• Experience in graphics or media, with at least two years in a content-focused role.
• Outstanding news judgment in a production environment to craft and execute news in any situation.
• Demonstrated proficiency on design tools such as HTML; Adobe Photoshop; Adobe Illustrator; Adobe InDesign; Flash multimedia, graphics, music and sound.
• Deep and broad sports knowledge across multiple sports, with expert-level recall of current and historical sports statistics, news, events and milestones.
• Working knowledge of Mac OS and Windows platforms.
• Must have basic knowledge with MS office products (Excel, Word and social media platforms).
• Experience with major Internet search engines and fluency in electronic newsgathering techniques, including quickly navigating the Internet and a knowledge set around social media.
• Experience with the critical duties of a social media and graphics designer.
• Provide full availability for this position, which will include nights, weekends and holidays.
• A minimum of 2 years' experience creating graphics/designs with news content, sports statistics, or covering or analyzing sports events for television, online, or print mediums.
• Strong people management and communication skills. Able to help build a team, be part of a team and communicate effectively in all directions, with peers and supervisors.
• Demonstrated competence across a range of technology tools, particularly with mobile and social media applications, and production software.
• Proven ability to tell engaging, creative stories with the best creative, across multiple media platforms.
• Spanish-language writing and speaking skills.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.