Content Editor, BottomLine
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2016 10:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Content Editor, BottomLine jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Content Editor, BottomLine postings
Full Time Job
Based in Bristol, CT, BottomLine is part of ESPN's Stats & Information Group, and is a constant resource and companion for fans across multiple networks and platforms. BottomLine Editors handle the day-to-day production of all editorial content on BottomLine. Editors produce urgent, in-demand content for these multiple networks on TV and digital platforms, often simultaneously. They are proven sports professionals and are counted on to generate accurate, quality content on the various BottomLines, which often is the first ESPN product to report on an event or news item.
BottomLine Editors perform critical and high-profile day-to-day editorial duties and contribute to long-term projects. They are given the task of coordinating BottomLine coverage for certain sports and/or events, all by working collaboratively as part of a small yet dedicated team of editorial professionals.
BottomLine Editors effectively use Score and News Alerts to drive awareness of big stories, games and events, and continually seek ways to expand coverage of top-level global stories.
Ideal candidates will possess the following traits:
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple shift priorities.
• Demonstrated proficiency in working on collaborative teams that hit deadlines and achieve objectives.
• A creative self-starter capable of buying-in to a vision and understanding that leadership is not a position-based trait.
• A comprehensive and inclusive communication style that reaches across groups and job levels is essential. Must be capable of establishing buy-in from peers, management and outside groups through the clear communication of priorities and expectations
• Interact on deadline with content decision makers within and outside of the BottomLine (e.g. News Editors; show producers) to ensure the BottomLines are consistent with all editorial directions and treatments, both domestically and internationally.
• Become proficient in the use of the BottomLine computer programs.
• Foster and actively engage in a team-first environment by communicating openly and honestly, and providing timely, balanced feedback to teammates.
• Participate in projects on- and off-air, and interact with outside departments as directed to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects.
• Understand, implement and contribute to all BottomLine policies and procedures to ensure consistent content output. Recommend ideas or courses of action that maximize efficiency and productivity in the group while furthering ESPN priorities.
• Possess significant, broad-based sports knowledge of a variety of sports. Must have demonstrated the ability to make editorial decisions that serve the fan.
• Strong grammar and writing skills.
• Knowledge of sports research methods, as well as how to locate (and when to trust) relevant editorial Web resources.
• Must be able to provide full availability for this position, which will include nights, weekends and holidays
• Experience working with sports content and storylines via TV, radio, newspaper or a notable sports blog
• 1 years' experience in an editorial role, preferably with content editing and news judgment components. Internships and college media are acceptable, but professional experience is preferred.
• 1 years' experience working with statistics in an online, television or print media environment
• Fluency in reading, speaking and writing Spanish
• Knowledge of ESPN policies and procedures
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.