Associate Producer I
Full Time Job
Person will be supporting Producers and APII's on assigned productions. Assignments may include studio shows, live events, and special projects. Responsibilities around each assignment will include the show's graphic build, editing highlights and features, editorial decision making and execution.
• Responsible for teases, montages, segments, highlights, graphics for studio and live event production.
• Exhibit knowledge and utilize latest production techniques and available technologies throughout the production process specifically editing, graphics, digital and social media.
• Work well with other departments to ensure production and content airs efficiently and accurately.
• Exhibit proficiency in digital environment, maximizing server capabilities and utilizing q-cut systems.
• Stay informed with worldwide news and use informational resources to support content and ensure accuracy in region of relevance.
• Provide timely and accurate multimedia elements. Publish and deliver those elements to a variety of platforms.
• Regularly generate and proactively provide content, ideas, and suggestions throughout all production processes.
• Typically has a minimum of 2 years of progressively complex related event / studio or related sports production experience.
• Has a thorough knowledge of current television/digital production technologies and applies knowledge to produce compelling content.
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of US and International Sports.
• Possesses strong Organizational and communication skills.
• Is current with technological advances in animation, video editing, and graphics.
• Has experience editing highlights, segments, roll-outs, montages, and producing teases.
• Understands compelling content and relevance in shows, and actively suggests appropriate ideas.
• Solid editorial skills, sports knowledge and news judgement to create and enhance storylines using graphics with the strong ability to cross check content for grammar, spelling, clarity and impact under tight deadlines.
• Superior attention to detail.Demonstrates leadership in pressure situations driving content, leveraging relationships and working collaboratively with team members.
• Has and applies advanced knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for assigned event/studio productions
• Has a good appreciation of the popular cultures, e.g., ''what's cool'' and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers in those countries where assigned productions are aired
• Has a good understanding of ESPN's market positioning and strategies
• Has good knowledge of sports and sports history, including international sports
• High School diploma
• College Degree in related field
Company Overview At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.