Associate Director I
Full Time Job
The Associate Director I will operate under the close and direct supervision of the daily director of Domestic television productions by assisting with the timing of the show, the assembly of the show, and the preparation of assigned elements of the show, such as graphics, pre-production elements and pre-recorded segments.
• Assists the director in executing live television productions from the control room by ''calling the shots'' to the production crew and technical crew involved. The program audio may be in Spanish, and the Director and Associate Director will make his/her commands in English. Ensures that the video portions of assigned shows are cued and fed.
• Coordinates video and graphics with the flow of the show. Graphics often in Spanish.
• Coordinates remote feeds, both domestic and international; ensures that specific shots are fed to the show correctly and on time.
• Tracks video cut sheets, indicating time, audio elements and graphic needs.
• Before assigned productions, coordinates the show with the control room and assigned Master Control Operators
• May be assigned to special projects
• A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory. Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation.
• Hard working, detail oriented, passionate about production, interested in technical areas and continually offers creative ideas
• Three years of production experience or network equivalent preferredDirecting experience preferred.
• Bilingual language skills (Spanish/English) preferred
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.