Associate Designer Motion Graphics
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2016 10:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Designer Motion Graphics jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Associate Designer Motion Graphics postings
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for the daily creation of on-air graphics for multiple productions, provides basic After Effects animation support as directed, formats imagery for ESPN Image Management System, and provides creative support on longer-term projects as individual abilities enable. This is a hands-on position needing strong ability to learn quickly and collaborate with others while also being able to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines to maintain the quality of ESPN on-air product.
• Utilizes Adobe software to create designs and animations for ESPN productions.
• Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events
• Prepares image files for programs and maintains ESPN Image Management System (IMS).
• Proactively collaborates within the ESPN Creative Services group to contribute on longer-term initiatives.
• Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department.
• Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
• Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
• Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
• Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
• Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
• Strong hands-on Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing creativity, design and type layout skills.
• Must work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) and may be required to travel, as assignments or training necessitate.
• Must have reliable transportation to work.
• Hands-on experience with Adobe After Effects
• Aptitude to learn VizRT programming, Java, VB, or equivalent scripting functions and logic
• Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
• Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.