Assignment Editor I
This was removed by the employer on 12/22/2016 9:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Assignment Editor I jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Assignment Editor I postings
Full Time Job
Hires camera crews, satellite trucks and studios, and arranges feeds and/or transfer of content. Strategizes and organizes movement of IP-based transmission devices for coverage. Coordinates the efforts of freelance and staff producers and associated production/technical personnel to provide video and audio sports/news material for ESPN platforms. Handles all ancillary crew needs, such as parking, credentials, Ethernet, phone lines, and permits. Understands basic rights and clearances issues. Participates in strategic editorial and logistical planning of coverage. Acts as the liaison between the Assignment Desk and Media Assets, Media Operations, and Transmission. Gathers and communicates content for use on ESPN platforms, working with ESPN staff and vendors, social media, affiliates and other networks. Shifts will include nights and weekends.
• Hires freelance ENG crews
• Possesses depth of knowledge in fiber, satellite, cellular, FTP, and viral news gathering procedures
• Assigns and coordinates movement of IP-based transmission devices
• Clears social media content for ESPN platforms *Reacts immediately to breaking news and requests; pursues story-related materials (sound and video) in a timely manner
• Collaborates with ABC NewsOne/ABC affiliates, as well as other networks, on breaking news stories, sharing of information, video and sound
• Gathers and enters transmission information (satellite, fiber, cable) for televised games
• Works well in a team setting, shows initiative and problem-solving skills; takes direction from assignment desk management, coordinating producers, news editors, producers and senior editors
• Stays informed and up-to-date on sporting events and has above-average sports knowledge
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills, with the capacity to handle high-volume email and phone traffic
• Demonstrated initiative and positive, solution-oriented outlook
• Advanced ability to organize and prioritize
• Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of sports
• Working knowledge of television production and electronic and social media newsgathering
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel, Word
• Three-plus years' experience in a television-related field;
• Spanish speaker preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree in related field
Company Overview At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.