Account Executive, Magazine & Digital Sales
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
New York is seeking a self-starter with print/ digital / mobile sales experience to work within a multimedia sales structure. Specific sales responsibility will be to sell long-form print/digital content across ESPN The Magazine, fivethirtyeight.com as well as other emerging ESPN sites/platforms. This individual should possess a strong sales acumen and deep knowledge of the print/ digital / mobile marketplace. A strong team player with excellent communication skills is desired as face-to-face meetings are a priority. Managing internal and external expectations are critical for success and candidates should have a proven track record of new business development.
• Performs necessary analysis and planning to assure that the objectives and priorities for each sales call are established and met in time frames acceptable to the client
• Sells the most prominent digital advertising to and works with high level clients in an assigned territory
• Identifies and cultivates senior level personnel on targeted accounts who make both print and digital advertising purchasing decisions
• Develops or coordinates the development of sales presentations to clients and potential clients
• Addresses clients' concerns, questions and objections; works to close sales with each targeted client
• May negotiate pricing and advertising placement and content
• Keeps sales management apprised of progress toward established revenue goals and of the progress in closing identified prospects
• Leads the development of proposals, the negotiating of deals and the conduct of post-deal analyses
• Minimum 5 years of print and/or digital sales experience
• Has established, high level local agency / client contacts
• Proven background in developing, closing and maintaining strategic advertising accounts
• Has a good understanding of the value proposition of ESPN
• Ability to develop deals that attract and keep strategic customers
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.