This was removed by the employer on 6/25/2010 10:46:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Publisher Royalties jobs in Jersey City-NJ
Search all Manager, Publisher Royalties postings
Full Time Job
Manager, Publisher Royalties
Key Dimensions of the role:
Reporting Lines VP Finance, Head of Royalties
Direct Reports Three
Location New Jersey
• Lead team of staff accountants in efforts of copyright label copy processing for all labels (Capitol, Latin, Nashville, EMI, etc.). Delegate to and monitor workload of publishing royalties team.
• Coordinate quarterly processing of publisher royalty statements. Ensure all systems are accurately reporting sales, earnings, rates and ownership for all licensed shares of new releases and catalog.
• Prepare and process out of cycle payments/adjustments based on inquiry need.
• Research, monitor and resolve publisher inquiries. Act as point person between publisher royalties department and all outside publishers, labels and artists. Conduct regular status meetings with top publishers.
• Communicate with the licensing departments, IT and Accounts payable regarding all aspects of publisher royalty department functions
• Provide Head of Royalties with regular status reports.
• Perform Special Projects as assigned by Head of Royalties, Business Affairs, Audit Department, Licensing, IT. Monitor and organize completion of all special projects.
• Manage workflow of outsourced team in India. Provide training to all team members to ensure skill sets are up to date as needed.
• Work closely with IT department to improve systems and maintain databases.
• Update publisher accounts based on administration agreements between writers and publishers.
• Plan ways to reduce backlog of rate sheets, inquires, address changes, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, AS400
• Strong Interpersonal skills, supervisory or management experience, knowledge of music copyright law, ability to multitask, attention to detail, deadline oriented.