VP, Original Series
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Original Series (Disney Channels)
• Oversee live-action development slate. Oversee script development, pilot production, and early episodes of new series.
• Organize and evaluate pitches for potential live-action projects.
• Make presentations and internal network pitches on new properties.
• Generate ideas for new show concepts and characters.
• Develop and manage relationships with creative community, including writer/producers, agents, and managers.
• Track competitive development/programming.
• Manage writer/producers and provide creative feedback on new live-action projects. Guide creators from the pitch stage, through outline, drafts, and production. Formulate and draft notes on scripts and cuts.
• Work closely with research department to track kid trends, interests, values, and tween pop culture.
• Identify and recommend creators, showrunners, staff writers of all levels, and directors. Evaluate samples and submissions. Attend showcases and film festivals to scout for new creative talent.
• Oversight of Disney Storytellers program to discover fresh new voices for the network.
• 5 years of experience in television development and/or current series production.
• Experienced in team management/development.
• Strong creative reputation, network of contacts and relationships.
• Excellent writing skills and knowledge of script structure.
• Ability to manage creative talent.
• Deep knowledge of target audience.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Clear-thinking, and straightforward approach to problem-solving and decision making.
• Strong ability to build working relationships with other Disney departments and executives.
• Excellent verbal/presentational and writing skills.
• Ability to visit sets and travel to production locations.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity