Supervising Producer, Evenings
Disney ABC Television GroupWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Supervising Producer, Evenings (ABC News, Dc Bureau)
ABC News Washington is looking for a Supervising Producer to join our Pennsylvania Avenue team to help coordinate and editorially supervise coverage of the White House and U.S. Congress for all ABC platforms, primarily in the evenings. This position serves as a point person and information clearinghouse for the vast beat, working with a growing team of on-air correspondents and off-air beat producers to push forward our reporting and break news. The Supervising Producer will be expected to utilize subject matter expertise to assist scripting and fact-checking; the producer will also serve as liaison to senior producers at the broadcasts and digital editors.
• Writing television scripts and text for digital
• Copyediting/fact checking scripts and digital text
• Sending editorial notes to the network regarding developing stories on the beat
• Working with reporters on editorial issues related to the beat
• Editorial point in the evenings working with Digital and next up broadcasts to ensure continuity of reporting and focusing next day coverage
• Provide guidance to producers working on pieces for the next up broadcasts
• Planning for next day coverage on the beat
• Manage beat staff working on evening shifts
A minimum of six (6) years' experience producing in the news industry is required. The Supervising Producer must have extremely strong editorial skills, and knowledge and a strong interest in all things White House and Capitol Hill is a must. Candidates must have an established record of producing creative, exclusive stories and strong writing/ scripting skills. An ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle developing news situations is essential. The candidate should also possess strong management experience.
• Bachelors degree from accredited college or equivalent experience