Summer Intern - Technology Management Rotation Program
Disney ABC Television GroupGlendale, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Disney Technology Management Rotation (TMR) program provides the opportunity for technologists with advanced degrees to gain valuable work experience providing leadership, management and oversight to the design, development, delivery, operation, and implementation of high-priority technology solutions across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). Our TMR Associates provide leadership and management services for existing projects in the fields of engineering, infrastructure services, technology strategy, and business analysis. This two-year program includes management of projects through six-month rotations, ensuring that Associates have maximum exposure to Disney's technology organization and are able to leverage their expertise across multiple high-priority projects.
A Day in the Life… The TMR intern will work on a project similar to one that we might give to a TMR Associate. The project will have a technical component and will require the intern to use their knowledge of technology as well as their knowledge of business in order to be successful. Examples of projects might be developing and implementing a new mobile app, researching best practices for rolling out a new site or application, or developing a technology strategy for a business segment. The TMR Intern may also:
• Work with internal cross-functional teams and external technology partners to prioritize, estimate and complete the project in support of a specific business need
• Help to define strategies and solutions for a specific technology service and/or operation that align with all the business unit's goals
• Foster an environment of continuous improvement and structure processes and procedures
• Help to translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into a solution or recommendation for the project at hand
At the end of the internship, interns who have performed well will have the opportunity to interview for the rotation program.
What we are looking for…
• MBA or Master's student entering their final year after participation in the Internship
• Relevant technical work experience (engineering, product management, data analytics systems, etc.)
• Exceptional ability to present ideas in a convincing and compelling manner to a small or large audience in multiple levels within the organization
• Experience developing and managing effective working relationships with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced
• Broad business acumen and proven influencing and collaboration skills
• Expert knowledge of several technical specialty areas or comprehensive knowledge of many technical specialty areas
• Leverages expert knowledge to anticipate a wide range of future needs and opportunities and facilitates development of complex solutions
• Strong project management skills
• Strong influencing skills
• Interest in future job opportunities at Disney
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering & pursuing an MBA or Masters of Technology Management, OR
• Undergraduate degree in Business & pursing a MS in Technology/Engineering
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• The approximate dates of this internship are May/June through August 2018
• Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
• Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank, CA area
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.