Spring Intern - Business Development
Disney ABC Television GroupLake Buena Vista, FL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Disney Corporate Alliances is responsible for building corporate marketing partnerships between Disney and a select group of domestic and global brands. These relationships may include sponsorship, marketing and licensing rights as well as business-to-business opportunities. Corporate Alliances may involve multiple business segments including Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Disney Cruise Line, ESPN, Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive, Disney Studios etc.
A Day in the Life…
The Corporate Alliances Business Development Intern must be flexible in their ability to assist in the development of partnerships across a broad range of industries.
• Conduct industry and company research
• Research, design and development of company/brand overview document
• Develop presentations for both internal and client facing audiences
• Develop an understanding of current sponsorship portfolio of prospective partner brands
• Manage creative assets and collect photography to be used in presentations and on social media platforms
• Participate in team brainstorming and input meetings
• Attend meetings and presentations with high-level executives
What we are looking for…
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Well rounded business skills and acumen
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities and highly confidential information
• Ability to cultivate partner relationships
• Positive attitude and ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Strong presentation skills
• Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Working knowledge of iWork for Mac (Keynote)
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media strategy
• Demonstrated knowledge of Disney Parks and Resorts
• Disney College Program Alumni
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Pursuing Bachelor's Degree or recent graduate of Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business Analysis, or closely related program.
• Current enrollment or recent graduate of a Master's program in a closely related field
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 through June 2018
• Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
• Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends or holidays.
• Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Orlando area
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.