Operator - Media Services
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Operator - Media Services (Datg)
The Operator, Media Services is responsible for assisting in the timely media ingest and file processing activity for Disney Channel, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Freeform and ABC content.
A successful candidate in this role must have the ability to self-motivate and work in a detail oriented fast paced multi-network environment. The person will interact with many internal and external DATG partners such as Mastering, Servicing, Marketing, Programming, Ad Sales, Synergy, Broadcast Operations, Non-Linear Distribution, Content Security, Traffic, Radio Disney, and Media Engineering. Candidate must maintain a high level of customer service at all times. As a key point of contact for media ingest, delivery and metadata management, the role will also be accountable for database accuracy and assuring the technical compliance of DATG MAM system content.
*Please note that this position is a swing shift role, so candidates must be willing to work nights and weekends on a regular basis.
• Perform the processing and management of media assets in a results-driven environment
• Accountable for DATG MAM ingest activity and tracking, as well as ingest activity that may occur outside DATG MAM
• Ingest of both finished and unfinished content and validate file integrity and adherence to format specifications
• Troubleshoot and resolve both media-based and MAM system-based technical anomalies – escalating as necessary according to established protocols
• Address file rejections generated by Quality Control (QC) software and manual QC processing and escalate to appropriate teams as required
• Perform deliveries of media using Mediator, Jellyroll and Media Monorail to both domestic and international clients
• Perform metadata validation and entry including segment timings, manual QC and asset status
• Be a subject matter expert in all department databases and software (Xytech MediaPulse, Mediator, Jellyroll, etc.).
• Perform media asset transformations utilizing transcode tools and edit tools
• Be a part of a strong, high functioning team that's able to effectively and efficiently execute assignments.
• Ensure the prompt resolution of high level issues related to file integrity, media attributes, and content compliance.
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and assist in documenting department processes.
• Have an attitude of continuous improvement
• Assist manager in developing, maintaining and enforcing media management, storage and content security policies.
• Liaison with various DATG departments and provide a high level of customer service
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in media distribution or television operations experience.
• This is a swing shift position – candidates must be willing to work nights and weekends on a regular basis.
• Must be willing and receptive to work overtime and/or holidays, as needed.
• Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
• Exceptional communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Team player.
• Strong understanding of audio/video file formats, television standards, film formats, codecs, bitrates, frame rates, video resolutions, aspect ratios, broadcast audio configurations and electronic delivery technologies.
• Knowledge of media processing tools including Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, QuickTime Pro, MacCaption, Mediator, Compressor, Vantage, Aspera and video tape formats including D5, D2, DVC Pro, HDCAM SR, Digital Betacam, Betacam SP.
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of Xytech products
• Must work well with little or no supervision and have a strong attention to detail.
• Strong understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
• Broadcast/Cable television, Studio, or Post Production house experience is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• The position reports to the Manager, Media Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity