Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Multimedia Producer (ABC News)
We are seeking a Multimedia Producer to join ABC News' digital team.
The role of the Multimedia Producer is to cover general assignment stories in both video and text. He or she should be able to shoot and script packages as well as write text content for ABC News site and apps. The ability to edit video and work in After Effects is a plus.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has proven experience covering breaking news with speed and accuracy managing multiple stories at any given time.
He or she should have a strong sense of how to approach a story holistically – incorporating text, video, photo and other elements into pieces. Stories will be assigned, but multimedia producers are also expected to generate and execute creative ideas that help elevate our content
The Multimedia Producer is someone who is comfortable meeting deadlines under pressure. He or she should have a flexible schedule and be willing to travel on short notice.
• Produce and script day of video and text content for all ABC News digital platforms
• Shoot a variety of video elements from the field including breaking news coverage
• Turn around day-of stories in both text and video
• Pitch story ideas to managing editor
• Collaborate with newsgathering and show teams
• Come up with fresh angles and ways to tell day-of news stories
• Thinking about how to tell a story holistically
• Cover general assignment topics
• Minimum 2 years experience producing digital video content
• Minimum 1 year of professional experience shooting with a DSLR camera
• Proven experience pitching story ideas
• Demonstrated ability to write clean copy on a deadline and experience with a content management system
• Ability to edit video packages on Avid or Final Cut
• Ability to use After Effects laying in text and other digital elements
• Experience producing producing video and photo content for multiple digital platforms (Mobile, desktop, OTT, Instagram, Snapchat)
• BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity