Manager, Digital Research and Forecasting
Disney ABC Television GroupSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
Disney ABC Television Group, a division of The Walt Disney Company, is looking for a qualified individual to support the Consumer Experience team with a focus on multi-platform analysis, specifically in the digital advertising space. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable and thrives working in a fast paced, constantly changing environment with multiple complexities. The ideal candidate is able to be both tactical and strategic – having the ability to do the work and speak to the details while also communicating business changes effectively with senior leadership.
• Tracking and analyze Disney ABC properties from a macro-level (site/app-level trends) to specific details around content (section of a site or show), specifically ABC News, Hulu and the full episode offerings on the ABC WATCH apps.
• Troubleshoot data quality issues across various sources of data and clearly communicate findings to the appropriate technical teams.
• Help to gather and define analytics needs that will be implemented across DATG brands and platforms
• Collaborate with partners across teams to understand business drivers, processes, and work flows and find opportunities to make valuable contributions through data insights
• Conduct exploratory analysis of available data sets and collaborate with analytics and data engineering team to fill any required gaps to meet business needs
• Design, develop, and maintain ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to build awareness of key opportunities and risks and inform better business decisions
• Apply current data visualization techniques and creative formats to effectively engage users and clearly communicate key insights
• Provide support to the team leaders in their ad-hoc analysis
• 5 years in media, web analytics, digital advertising research or related fields
• Experience managing projects and coordinating with others
• Knowledge and understanding of online advertising metrics as well as web analytics /multi-platform research / software (Rentrak, Omniture, an ad serving platform, etc). A solid understanding of online metrics including impressions, page views, episode starts and their relationship to each other.
• Data Visualization tools (Tableau)
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
• Strong analytic skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy in a high-paced ambiguous environment either in a team setting or independently
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with multiple managers on a variety of projects
• Reliable; resourceful; pro-active in approach to questions, looks for solutions and information in creative ways
• Flexible; embrace new assignments with a can-do attitude; will seek out opportunities to contribute without being asked
• Must know MS Office; Possess expertise with PowerPoint and Excel. Must be accustomed to working with and manipulating large amounts of raw data (experience with pivot tables, macros, modeling a plus)
• Bachelor's degree (preferably quantitative background, i.e.- Finance, Economics, Statistics)?
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity