Fall Intern - Media Technology And Strategy R&D
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Disney ABC Television's R&D group is a small and agile technology strategy organization that incubates new technology, executes proof of concepts, transfers new technology to operating groups, and provides strategic recommendations on new technology opportunities. The scope is any technology related to television production, creative development, digital media, newsgathering, distribution, operations and IT. The group was started in summer 2012 and reports to the CTO of Disney ABC Television Group.The R&D Intern will report to the Director, R&D and contribute to the general goals of the group. During the internship there will be at least one major initiative the graduate intern will be responsible for. The work will be very entrepreneurial; in some cases, the graduate intern will be responsible for vision, strategy, hiring, analysis, execution, project management, reporting, and socialization. Some administrative duties and help institutionalizing the new R&D group's practices and values will be part of the internship.
• Manage proof of concepts for new technologies or technological areas• Hold hands on 'product owner' role in contributing to research and prototyping process• Writing strategy documents or white papers on new technology• Assist in defining technology innovation processes and values• Socialize concepts and results across Disney ABC Television Group's business units• Interface with other technology groups across the broader Walt Disney Company
• Experience in media technology as an engineer or media production• Experience interfacing with senior executives• Creativity, desire to learn new things, obsession with innovation• Programming experience in one (or more) of the following areas a big plus: game engine (Unity, etc.), application or web development and/or data science
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited program in order to qualify for this internship.
• All candidates must be available during the months of September - December for the 12-15-week program.
• All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be willing to work up to 20 hours per week
• Undergraduate Engineering/Computer Science degree or Film/Television Production Degree preferred
• Currently enrolled in a Graduate program • Undergraduate Engineering/Computer Science degree or Film/Television Production Degree preferred
The Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) is home to all of The Walt Disney Company's worldwide entertainment and news television properties. The Group includes the ABC Television Network (including ABC Entertainment Group and ABC News divisions); the Disney Channels Worldwide global kids' TV business and ABC Family; as well as television distribution divisions Disney ABC Domestic Television and Disney ABC ESPN Television. The Disney ABC Television Group also manages the Radio Disney Network, as well the Company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability