Director, Publishing Strategy
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Publishing Strategy will oversee the teams and strategies connected to ABC News' digital audience growth across all platforms. S/he will lead four teams: platform editors, social media, SEO, and data analytics while also working closely with the monetization and partnerships teams, product, and editorial.
In this role, the Director will be responsible for helping establish strategies that grow our video audience through data-driven analytics and optimizations that better inform the stories we tell, how we distribute content across the digital ecosystem, and how we can most effectively build ABC News products. This person should have a strong understanding of data pertaining to video consumption, media distribution, user experience of digital products and online consumer behavior. S/he should have a proven track record of growing digital audiences.
The Director of Audience Development will be part of the broader ABC News digital leadership team, and will be responsible for working closely with product and editorial teams, as well as the rest of the ABC News organization. S/he will be responsible for setting company-wide KPIs and establishing reports and analytics to inform the business.
• Minimum ten years of results-oriented work experience in a data science or media/video analytics role
• Minimim five years experience analyzing complex data and proven ability to drive video growth across digital platforms
• Minimum two years professinal experience working with digital analytics tools, including Omniture and comScore at a minimum
• Experience with alerts and/or social media platforms
• Demonstrated experience collaboratively working with multiple stakeholders
• Three or more years experience leading a team with two or more direct reports
• Demonstrated experience making presentations to executive leadership
• Demonstrated experience collaboratively with editorial and product development teams
• BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university
• BA/BS, background in mathematics, probability, or statistics strongly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity