Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The primary responsibility of the Business Manager position is to manage the operational and financial needs of the Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) Communications division to ensure all business requirements are met. The Business Manager will provide day-to-day business support to three areas of business under the DATG Communications umbrella. This includes but is not limited to DMD (International), Freeform and ABC News to oversee their budgets of approximately $15 million. Also, supporting the DATG Communications division in managing their PR contracts all while trying to strategize priorities for efficiencies and cost savings.
The position requires being well-versed in all matters of business including public relations, production, sales, marketing, operations, finance, accounting, budgeting, purchasing and payroll. They will need to be a competent leader able to provide guidance to enhance performance in a manner which incorporates the company's vision and culture.
• Manage budgets on day-to-day basis by working with staff to obtain spend on PR/Marketing events and appearances.
• Create and maintain budget reports to ensure proper accounting/forecasting and corporate compliance.
• Responsible for communicating with executives on quarterly forecast and close, year-end reporting, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and five year strategic Long Range Plan (LRP).
• Process payables within SAP (coding/processing invoices, payment escalation, purchase order creation, and payment status).
• Facilitate new vendor setup and maintenance processes in SAP.
• Collect, create and process receivables/billbacks (internal-cross charges/journal entries and external).
• Train employees on SAP functions (Purchase Order creation, e-Source, etc.) as needed.
• Collect and process new hire paperwork for freelance employees.
• Process freelance employee timesheets within SAP Mannet.
• Assist departments in hiring temporary staff through temp agencies.
• Train DATG Communications' departments on proper hiring procedures.
• Responsible for overseeing and managing the negotiation and renewal of DATG Communications' vendor contracts and relationships. The vendor contracts include, but are not limited to Cision, Daily Buzz, Muck Rack and Constant Contact.
• Work with Sourcing and Procurement to identify new/additional resources and Legal on contract renewals/renegotiations.
• Discuss updates/upgrades and resolve account issues directly with the vendor.
• Serve as liaison between business units and vendors to communicate major updates.
• Organize and facilitate department trainings with vendors.
• Assist in managing business finances related to DATG Communications events (Winter and Summer Press Tours, Emmy's, MIPCOM, Upfronts, etc.).
• Ability to work red carpet press events and press junkets.
• Minimum 3 years of Accounting experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Office package
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, detail-oriented, organized, and prioritize work as needed
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences including executives
• Proven strategist with strong business acumen and analytical skills
• Eagerness to collaborate and cultivate relationships with team members, business clients and trusted vendors
• 5 or more years of Accounting experience
• SAP experience strongly preferred
• Background in PR or Communications
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Communications or related field
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability