Associate HR Business Partner
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Disney ABC Television Group is one of today's premier media entertainment companies, combining high-quality content with strategic use of technology to deliver compelling news and entertainment experiences to hundreds of millions of people around the world. This business segment of The Walt Disney Company is comprised of global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group and a radio business. Our employees are leading, creating, and innovating, making bold moves in unexpected directions that redefine not just what a media company does, but what it can do. With Disney ABC Television Group, you can be part of media's evolution, helping us create what's next.
The Associate - HR Business Partner (HRBP) sits at the intersection of Human Resources and our Business Leaders. This position will be responsible for shaping the employee experiences, ensuring the company's talent grows in meaningful ways and making business leaders and HR as successful as possible. This position will partner with the HR Business Partner Leads to support the Sales and Marketing team clients within the Disney ABC Television Group. The Associate - HRBP will also help to deliver HR programs and solutions in support of both short-term and long-term business goals. Additionally, this position will partner with the Manager, HR Business Partner to drive strategic initiatives of the assigned client group(s).
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of the business and takes a consultative approach with clients in anticipating, assessing, and providing creative HR solutions to business priorities
• Implements and administers HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through various employee communications.
• Provides consultation to clients by partnering on moderately complex HR processes, procedures, precedents and initiatives integrating appropriate centers of excellence (COE) partners as necessary
• Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Drives key talent processes with clients including performance calibrations, talent review, succession planning, leadership development and talent assessment.
• Coaches management and employees and consults on organizational design/change/culture
• Utilizes reports and talent dashboards that measure talent efforts and provide predictive analytics for future changes or decisions.
• Works closely with BP team, managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Participates in special projects at both the HRBP team and client level
• Assists with employee communications (both through design and providing input )
• Handle client support and correspondence with clients including high level executives
• Assist with HR and client specific projects
• Minimum of 2 years human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles
• Experience and exposure to a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development and compensation
• Experience working as a trusted advisor
• Proven ability to build strong relationships
• Excellent consulting and conflict management skills
• Strong use of judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
• Ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build trusted relationships
• Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret data, identify trends and recommend multiple solutions
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational, motivational, communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
• Strong team player and ability to function in a matrixed co-leadership environment
• Basic knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
• Experience directly supporting clients and working in an exempt level role
• SAP experience
• Project management experience
• Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability