Discovery Digital NetworksWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Discovery Digital Networks, Los Angeles produces online news and entertainment as an independent division of Discovery Communications. Our flagship news and pop culture channel SourceFed is currently seeking full-time editors.
Ideal candidates will have strong Adobe Premiere CC editing skills and be comfortable within the Adobe Creative Suite. A solid grasp of comedic timing and the ability to tell stories visually is a must. Our content varies from scripted news to unscripted discussions, behind the scenes content, sketches, field and studio productions. Editors must be able to perform at a high-level of self-sufficiency, possess strong collaboration & communication skills and easily adapt to changing show styles and schedules.
This is a full-time editing position but the most qualified applicants will know how to shoot, light, properly compose camera angles and record audio when needed.
Applicants must include:
• A reel or link to most the recent examples of work
• Cover letter
• Salary requirements
Office is located in Woodland Hills.
• Edit videos in accordance with brand style and technical specs
• Turn videos around quickly
• Work closely with show teams across all our channels
• Be available to shoot content with talent in studio
• Find and manipulate additional assets across the web as needed
• Create video thumbnails, GIFs, and other new media ancillaries for upload
• Upload, annotate, and post videos across multiple social media platforms
• Archive and organize projects to streamline production as necessary
• Work on special promo assignments, remote event coverage and other duties as assigned
• BA in Broadcast, Video Production or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years experience
• High proficiency with: Adobe Premiere CC, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, and Canon DSLR cameras
• Highly creative, organized and able to work independently with little direction
• Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever-changing production environment
• Strong knowledge and experience with different video formats, codecs, frame rates, audio compression and web video standards
• Motion graphic skills and After Effects skills are a plus
Full benefits offered after a temp-to-hire period of at least 30 to 90 days
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online