Talent Management & Strategy Specialist
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Talent Management & Strategy Specialist jobs in New York-NY
Search all Talent Management & Strategy Specialist postings
Full Time Job
We are seeking candidates for the position of Talent Mgt & Strategy Specialist to be located in our New York City office.
Global Talent Management & Operations (GTM&O) is the connective tissue between on-air and digital series Talent and the global businesses of Discovery Communications to effectively and efficiently manage their business strategy, prioritize their activities outside of Production, align with Production, and optimize global operations.
As the Talent's key relationship holder with Discovery Communications, GTM&O strategically manages relationships with Talent, their representatives, production and internal clients to onboard, coach, advocate, enhance, prioritize and leverage the Talent to drive business value for ratings, revenue, relationships, renewals and brands.
The Specialist position will reside in the Global Talent Management & Operations (GTMO) group and offer operational support for the Manager and department for Animal Planet and Science. GTMO serves to mentor network on-camera Talent, advise the respective networks on all Talent related issues, trouble shoot Talent issues, and focus on the business of Talent branding to maximize their opportunities worldwide.
1. Actively engage the Talent early on and build and maintain strong relationships with network Talent, providing them with ongoing guidance and mentorship. Be aware of and appropriately acknowledge milestones in the Talents' personal and professional lives.
2. Remain knowledgeable of the talent's personal and professional lives e.g. deal terms, personalities, interests, likes, dislikes, skills, expertise, etc., and apply this insight to successfully execute responsibilities.
3. Work closely with and build relationships with relevant internal (e.g. international communications, production, production management, business affairs, etc.) and external parties (e.g. production companies, managers, agents, etc.) to ensure a 360 degree Talent Management strategy.
4. Track and help manage internal requests from network teams and support groups, as well as external requests from partners, clients, and third parties for various Talent across the organization.
5. Support overall operational workflow of team initiatives and tasks led by Manager. Implement and maintain evolving processes and procedure to ensure group efficiency.
6. Coordinate with the Talent Operations group to maintain the Talent information databases, including updating Talent and representative contact information.
7. Attend internal meetings as needed to represent Talent team, learn, contribute and report back on Talent related requests and issues.
8. Arrange travel itineraries and prepare/process travel for Talent.
9. Research and arrange gifting for Talent and other external parties as needed.
10. Perform other administrative and related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree with a focus in communications, marketing, general business or media related field
* Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize a spectrum of projects while meeting various deadlines in an ever-changing environment
* Excellent administrative, critical reasoning, and problem-solving skills
* Excellent work ethic and eagerness to learn about entertainment/talent business
* Proven written and verbal communications skills
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
* Ability and willingness to travel when needed
* Four years of work experience in entertainment, Talent management/relations, administrative and/or event management
* Experience managing needs of VIPs
* Eagerness to contribute and thrive in a fast-paced, high profile, deadline driven, results oriented and environment
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and strong business judgment
* Ability to read and understand Talent contract language
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.