Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of production projects related to Reloads and Reversion hours from concept, through review to final delivery.
In this role, the Supervising Producer works with an integrated team in the creation of highly rated, multi-format programming. Responsible for working closely with network contacts ensuring content is produced to the highest industry standards while being creatively on the mark and delivered according all DCL broadcast standards. Based in Silver Spring, this role partners with and is responsible for, managing coordinators and associate producers researching facts and information necessary to develop new reversion content and hours as commissioned and directed by network programming and content heads. The Supervising Producer role will partner with various internal teams and reports to the EP Reversion Content and Reloads. Must be a creative self-starter with network experience and able to work under tight deadlines. Flexible hours are a must. Understanding of DCL delivery standards and process for tracking and proven editorial experience is a must.
1. Editorial supervision of productions: writing, editing and approving preliminary and final treatments; approving shooting scripts; reviewing and approving off-lines of fine cut and show masters.
2. Supervises all production phases of reversions or repackaging, including editing, re-narration, post-production, audio, scripting, graphics, field and studio production.
3. Develops projects for consideration.
4. Assess the editorial quality, technical viability, and financial requirements of written proposals submitted to the Reloads/Reversions team based on stated network needs and requests. Including but not limited to researching inventory, evaluation digital and social assets, and leveraging in field live action opportunities.
5. Work with editors, and PM reload team on a daily basis to keep projects on track while addressing all network feedback and notes.
6. Liaise on an as needed basis with digital and social teams to leverage assets and content.
7. Evaluate research, gfx design boards and provide constructive feedback to internal/external production partners
8. Responsible for overseeing edit and quality of all final masters and output delivery
9. Maintain discovery values and Discovery brand attributes in all materials.
10. Drive the creative process with external and internal partners.
11. Collaborate with programming, production, and scheduling departments.
12. Exhibit out-of-the-box thinking and breakthrough creativity.
* Proven expertise across a breadth of media including T.V., interstitial network branding, radio, print, and digital
* Minimum 10 years hands on production experience as a producer or director for television series and specials at a network.
* Excellent writing skills.
* Well-rounded and up-to-date knowledge of postproduction tools and process.
* Working with and directing voice over talent is essential.
* Experience overseeing editors in edit sessions at production facility.
* Strong editorial and good graphic design sense.
* Familiarity with Avid/Final Cut editing and basic After Effects and Photoshop.
* Strong reversion production experience is essential.
* Broad knowledge of field and studio production and post-production, including graphics and music.
* Willing to work flexible hours
* A proven background with narrative driven long form television is a must
* Must be able to work well within a team and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
* Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, under tight deadlines and have the ability to work independently
* Possess excellent intrapersonal skills.
* Oversee digital development and all social aspects on designated projects
* Super written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Proven ability to generate new ideas.
* An independent thinker who is a team player
* Proven problem solver.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US