Summer Intern - TV Programming & Scheduling
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Programming & Scheduling departments serve as the centralized hub for our networks. Programming is responsible for creating an overall scheduling strategy to maximize network ratings and viewership.
As a Programming & Scheduling INtern, some of the awesome things you could work on include:
• Competitive tracking and analysis
• Opportunity to learn programming/scheduling systems
• Learn about Nielsen ratings and demographics
• Prepare schedule information
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
If you do not meet the requirements stated above, please do not submit your resume.
Thanks for your interest in Discovery’s INternship program! We look forward to reviewing your submission.
Calling all Curiosity Seekers:
The Discovery INternship Program is on a mission to find the most ambitious, most creative, and most passionate students to #GetDiscovered and become a #DiscoveryINtern.
Through the Discovery INternship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about the entertainment and media industry from the leader in global entertainment through a paid 12-week internship.
Here’s what we offer:
• Getting your hands dirty with real work and project experiences
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• INtern Speaker Series with executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities usually with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative company culture with office spaces to match
• Oh, and lots of swag
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Skills you didn’t know you had
• The inside scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the camera
• Relationships that will go beyond your college career
• Real life experiences that will prepare you for your next adventure
• Did we mention swag? Lots of it
Here are the details:
• This summer, our 12 week semester will be held from May 31-August 18, 2017.
• Our INternships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required, however we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is March 31st. After this date we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• Is a cover letter required? Nope! Please show us your passion for the position through your resume and preliminary questions we ask.
Interviewing will take place from February through May. A Discovery INtern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position.