Senior Talent Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery’s Talent Management team recruits the best talent in the world. It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate, creative individuals to make amazing television programming and our team sets out to find them. Oh, and we will find them!
The Senior Talent Manager will lead and drive talent activities for our Chief Commercial Officer’s organization, inclusive of Digital Media & Ad Sales.
1. Manage full lifecycle recruitment, sourcing talent creatively and cost effectively using a variety of available means, including leveraging internal succession planning process, direct sourcing, employee referrals, social & advertising campaigns, as well as, partnering with search firms.
2. Cultivate strong relationships with hiring managers and internal talent, while building external pipelines of talent across our industry in the digital and sales space.
3. Strategically drive learning and development activities for Digital/ Ad Sales & our NYC clients.
4. Manage and mentor recruiters supporting Digital & Ad Sales
5. Negotiate offer packages on behalf of the company with applicants at all levels in close coordination with HR generalists & respective HR specialist groups (benefits, compensation, etc.).
6. Ensure compliance with company and legislative policies. Perform employment verifications and relevant background checks on final applicants as appropriate.
7. Partner with HR generalists and Line Managers in creation of external succession plan for critical roles within organization that don’t have internal successors identified as ready in the short term.
8. Up-skill line managers by providing them with effective interviewing and networking techniques.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
* At least seven years of full-life cycle recruitment related experience in a client interfacing role in a corporate or agency environment
* 2 years experience working with C-level hiring managers
* 2 years experience recruiting for SVP & above roles
* At least 2 years of people management experience
* Experience in recruiting with a concentration in technical recruiting using a variety of different creative sourcing methods.
* Strong network of talent as well as interest and ability to always be networking.
* Driven to be creative and innovative with approaches and new never-been-done ideas / programs.
* Interviewing skills and thorough knowledge of standard hiring procedures, contingency and retained search, and applicable state and federal employment laws.
* Experience with internet recruiting and creative sourcing strategies (ie. Social Media), HRIS systems and applicant tracking systems.
* Must have attention to detail, experience and proven ability to juggle multiple priorities of varying scales, and be able to handle confidential information with absolute discretion.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal clients and partners.
* Demonstrated skill and creativity in negotiation.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US