Senior Account Executive
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/12/2016 10:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Account Executive jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Account Executive postings
Full Time Job
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the leader in global entertainment reaching 3 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories. For more than 30 years Discovery has been satisfying curiosity and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its global brands, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as U.S. joint venture network OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and through the Discovery Digital Networks portfolio, including TestTube, Seeker and SourceFed. Discovery owns Eurosport, the leading pan-regional sports entertainment destination across Europe and Asia-Pacific. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of K-12 digital textbooks, through Discovery Education.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Senior Account Executive to be located in our New York City office.
The Discovery Agency is a full-service in-house team of 100 industry professionals based in LA, NYC, London and DC. We support all Discovery businesses globally with Strategy, Creative Development and Production. Expertise includes Account Management, Creative, Digital, Photo, Strategy, AdSales Integration and all forms of Production. The staff boasts an impressive pedigree of experience, credibility and accolades. From simple key art to massive multi-platform 360 integrated campaigns, The Agency does it all…on any platform.
The Senior Account Executive is a leader (in either NY or LA) on the account services team; a forward-thinking and strategic business professional with solid expertise in directing major advertising accounts. The Senior Account Executive will work directly with assigned accounts as a strategic partner with our in-house clients, creating effective marketing and advertising campaigns. You will manage account coordinators on your team, ensuring that all campaigns are delivered on strategy, on time and on budget. You will also work also work closely with creative teams overseeing the creative development, design and work flow for all creative deliverables. You will provide detailed post-campaign reports, interpret and share key learnings with account, creative and client teams.
1. Provide strategic and tactical direction for assigned accounts based on in-depth knowledge of each client's business goals, marketing and media plans, and marketing budget.
2. Pro-actively develop client relationships with senior level marketing executives with a view to helping them generate ratings, build audience reach and drive revenue.
3. Ensure that all network, portfolio and channel campaigns are translated into messaging and creative development that are in line with their respective business and marketing strategies.
4. Have in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape, new and innovative advertising techniques and tactics, and have the ability to develop and sell new campaign ideas to clients, even if they have not requested them.
5. Ability to present full 360 integrated campaigns that can demonstrate a return on investment; ability to research and present key findings and measureable metrics of a campaign.
6. Provide clear, focused direction and management of account coordinators.
7. Provide leadership, motivation, and mentoring to junior account team.
8. Provide clear, focused direction to creative teams; work together to develop campaigns that are on-strategy and on-budget; provide direction to offer innovative and fresh thinking to clients.
* 7-10 years experience and proven track record directing major accounts and marketing strategy within an advertising agency or with corporate in-house marketing/creative group.
* Track record in managing multiplatform advertising campaigns.
* Experience and proven track record in directing, managing, coaching and reviewing account and creative team members.
* Superior communications skills.
* Experience in assessing, reviewing and consulting on media plans
* A passion for television and the media industry
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement