Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
The Media Operations Coordinator supports the Director, Media Strategy & Analytics in the execution of operational functions related to media strategy (i.e. traffic coordination, discrepancy resolution, systems enhancement, media asset management, log schedule creation, renewal initiatives, etc.). This role also acts as backup for media strategists and media coordinators within the MSA team in the execution of non-linear procedures and is on call to investigate and solve on-air issues related to media planning during off hours.
• Direct Media Coordinators on trafficking process and implementation, providing training support as necessary.
• Resolve discrepancy reports from the Broadcast Center regarding promos and secondary events during the workday and outside normal business hours.
• Aid with M360 team in the daily broadcast logs. Includes but not limited to vacation, off-site, advance log schedules, and overflow coverage.
• Support non-linear procedures as necessary.
• Interface with IT to support implementation and enhancement initiatives for media strategy-related systems.
• Interface with NPS/Media Logistics team to ensure network guidelines are adhered to during log prep.
• BA/BS Degree in Media/Communications or related area
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in media or related field
• Clear and precise written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent numeric skills, strong attention to detail, with a sense of urgency when applicable
• Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• Working knowledge of DCI traffic and scheduling systems a plus (i.e. Gabriel, GRiP it, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of media planning at a cable or broadcast network
• Understanding of the campaign strategies of assigned DCL networks
• Analytical with the ability to be flexible when approaching and implementing on-air strategies and tactics