Manager - Strategy & Business Operations
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Group - Network Operations team is responsible for overseeing and leading a broad array of strategic and operational initiatives in service of maximizing the value of the IP across our networks, our global portfolio, and IP extensions that may include Consumer Products, Content Licensing and IP Licensing across Discovery, Animal Planet, Science Channel and Velocity.
1. Support the development of strategic plans for Discovery franchises with a focus on identifying consumer targets, positioning, and competitive/marketplace assessment, as required.
2. Support/drive cross departmental and XLOB executions in partnership with Programming, Marketing, Press, Digital, Business Affairs/Legal, Consumer Products, Program Sales and Affiliate Sales and off net opportunities.
3. Manage cross functional/cross company task force meetings ensuring network priorities are aligned.
4. Perform ad hoc analysis and define and analyze critical new business development opportunities.
5. Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior level executives.
6. Collaborate with finance and cross departmental teams in support of the strategic and annual budget review process
7. Support all operational functions to foster clear communication, streamlined processes and create efficiencies, where possible.
8. Work effectively with team members throughout the network portfolio; leverage relationships across the company to accomplish goals.
* 3-5 years of professional work experience, ideally in an advisory role in related field such as marketing, FP&A or business development. MBA preferred. International experience a plus.
* Minimum of 1 year experience in business analysis/financial skills, modeling, or the equivalent in due diligence process
* Working knowledge and a deep interest for the entertainment industry, changing consumer behaviors, emerging content business models (branded entertainment, subscription, transactional and advertising-supported), and implications of distributing content across digital platforms
* Demonstrated self-starter with leadership and project management skills, but the self-awareness necessary to understand when/where to ask for help and guidance
* Proven ability to think creatively and strategically while navigating difficult and complex issues
* Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills
* Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously
* Fluent in MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Must have the legal right to work in the US