Manager - Credit & Collections
Discovery CommunicationsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Liaison between the Director representing the global Collections Team Lead a group of collection professionals to ensure work is carried out in accordance to established policies and processes, as well as with Sales, Operations, Legal, and Finance team in Miami, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina and Mexico.
1. Provide guidance and resolution on policy, process and collection enquiries and concerns to all the regions.
2. Create actionable reports summarizing key collection issues and recommendations to successfully resolve.
3. Attend collection meetings, to provide meaningful insights to collection issues and solicit involvement and collaboration from other groups with the goal of receiving support in resolving customer collection issues. Monitor collection activities and provide corrective process actions to ensure targets for each collector are met on a monthly basis.
4. Effectively prioritize work, using available collections solutions, to ensure the team is operating at consistent, maximum efficiency.
5. Escalate relevant issues in accordance to established policies and processes to drive prompt resolution of barriers preventing timely cash collections.
6. Become one of the subject matter experts of the collection tool functionality.
7. Recommend technology, process and policy enhancements to increase efficiency, accuracy and /or control of the collection process.
8. Effectively coordinate resolution efforts with various teams throughout the organization who are involved in the sales and invoicing of customers to remove collection barriers.
9. Understand and operate in accordance with established Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) operating controls.
10. Provide real-time and relevant feedback to direct reports on performance. Present actionable solutions on areas of underperformance to the direct reporting Director.
11. Develop, lead and monitor coaching and mentoring activities of collection team members under the direction of the Credit and Collections Director.
12. All other functions as assigned.
* A completion of an undergraduate’s degree program in a recognized business discipline with at least 4 to 7 years collection experience within a high transactional volume environment and supervising a medium to large staff of receivable professionals. Working experience within a media, cable or tech organization highly preferred.
* Ability to identify corrective process and/or people action and implement with continued fluidity of day to day business operations.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate findings and present and implement optimal solutions to cash collection issues.
* Prioritization, organization and attention to detail are a must.
* Ability to effectively lead a multi-cultural team and optimize resources
* Fluent Spanish language skills. Native speaker a plus. Portuguese language a plus.
* Strong analytical capability with a focus on resolving complex customer concerns.
* Recent experience with common ERP and SAP systems.
* Seasoned ability to work with large sets of data through the proficient use of MS Excel. Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of: Pivot Tables, intermediate to complex formula creation, and VLOOKUP functions.