Manager - Content Systems
Discovery CommunicationsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Manager, Content Systems – DLA will oversee several business software solutions that support both Global users and solutions specific to the DLA content business. The position will have direct accountability for the strategy, projects, and day-to-day operations of key business systems, including IBMS and supporting the rollout and ongoing operations of all content systems used by the DLA content business (e.g. Hive, PDS, GripIt ). The Manager will be also be responsible for working with the DLA content leads to set strategic direction for all relevant business software related needs, and will be accountable to work with their peers to successfully deliver solutions across all software disciplines.
The Manager will represent the technology organization as necessary during technology, business process, and strategy activities, ensuring IT is aligned with business priorities.
1. Manage a team of business analysts and/or product managers responsible for:
a. Ongoing operational maintenance and support of all systems under their responsibility.
b. Analysis of business process changes for potential system impacts.
c. Coordination with Production Support team and 3rd level support for production issues, including problem identification, definition and implementation of short-term work around and coordination of long term software solution with development team(s).
d. Prioritization of production issues and routine changes
e. Work with business users to identify priorities for new project and enhancement work
2. System and business process design
3. Design of systems gap analysis as necessary
4. Technology consulting role to align Business Process to technology solutions
5. Customer Relationship Management
6. Vendor Operational and Relationship Mgmt to ensure strategic interests of Discovery’s business is built into product roadmaps
1. Lead technology team throughout software project delivery activities, including;
a. Working with business to align software needs to business priority
b. Defining software solution options
c. Documenting requirements
d. Project cost assessments, scope and timelines
e. Managing project scope and actively communicating with all key stakeholders
f. Management of the full software development lifecycle, from design through post-production support
1. Regularly interact with key business leaders to align investment priorities for business area.
2. Create, manage, and communicate system roadmaps that align to business strategies.
3. Provide status on ongoing investments to key business leaders and IT management.
1. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the team
2. Establish operational objectives and work plans, delegate assignments to team members
3. Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements
4. Capability to manage remotely
1. Have direct budget management of all costs associated with software and services under the responsibility of the Manager
2. Support the development of yearly budgets that align to both IT and business priorities
3. Regularly monitor the budget and provide forecasts of spend to ensure budget is managed effectively and opportunities and risk areas are well known
4. Identify areas of cost savings to reduce the total cost of ownership of our systems
1. Matrix with peers to deliver solutions across software and business processes not directly supported by the content applications, e.g., US Revenue, International Revenue, HR, Finance, and Collaboration systems
* Minimum of 8 years in IT management, with at least 5 in a senior business analyst or product manager role.
* Experience supporting technology solutions in a Media industry organization
* Have experience in a role involving the relationship and communication required between IT and business units to ensure that IT can understand and effectively satisfy business requirements within budget and policy constraints.
* Experience successfully dealing with Director/VP/SVP level business and IT management.
* Minimum of 3 years experience with mid to large-scale software development projects – understanding all phases of systems development
* Minimum of 3 years project management
* Experience in media industry strongly preferred.
* Strong prioritization and organization skills
* Strong presentation and communication skills; excellent listening skills, ability to interface with business customers at all levels of the organization
* Excellent project management skills
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent people skills – negotiation, conflict resolution, providing direction and focus
* Proven ability to successfully operate within, and contribute to, a high growth, entrepreneurial, fast paced business and matrix environment.
* Ability to see the big picture, generate and adopt new ideas, and successfully manage and facilitate change.
* Experience developing and implementing medium and long-term strategies to satisfy business needs.
* A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Business administration, or equivalent work experience. Post graduate degree desired.
* Legal right to work in the United States
* Fluency in English and Spanish required (Portuguese a plus).
* Must have the legal right to work in the US