Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
Discovery’s Human Resources team provides leading edge solutions to support the growth, development and overall health of our organization. Our group partners closely with the business to anticipate and deliver programs, products and solutions to keep our talent engaged and our company competitive.
Reporting to Discovery’s Sr. Director – Learning & Development, this position will play a critical individual contributor and program management role in Discovery’s efforts to leverage development, learning and growth as a competitive advantage.
1. Design/author and deliver new and existing learning content to support the development of the business. This will include both instructor-led and online modes. Subject matter will include management, team effectiveness, business knowledge and corporate practices.
2. Review the content of learning interventions; re-construct or re-purpose content into multiple forms of delivery, whether ILT, virtual, online, blended, or other means.
3. Provide key support to Learning and Development initiatives (eg. Mentorship Program, Performance Management, Global Survey, LMS Administration, New Employee Orientation, etc.)
4. Support senior department staff in design and implementation of customized learning and development interventions for intact work groups.
5. Incorporate administration and interpretation of psychometric assessment tools such as Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, VIEW and other similar instruments into individual and team development as appropriate.
6. Other duties and tasks as assigned or emerge in this role.
* Five or more years’ experience within a Training / Learning role, preferably in the for-profit arena, with practical experience working with “blended learning” solutions preferred
* Demonstrated instructional design capability, both through formal training and practical on-the-job application. Experience with online authoring preferred.
* Demonstrated platform training, facilitation and presentation skills
* Excellent MS Office skills, preferably at an advanced level (incorporating sound, video, embedded files, custom animations)
* Advanced degree in Business or a HR/Learning and Development or related discipline preferred
* Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with people of different levels and backgrounds
* Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, articulate goals and action plans
* Experience achieving results in a fast paced, ambiguous, dynamic environment.
* Legal right to work in the United States.