Director - TVE/Go Business Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York City, CA
Full Time Job
This role will be focused on the delivery of existing projects, working with the SVP/GM – OTT & Digital Syndication and the cross functional team to deliver on the overall TVE / GO business roadmap. This role will provide the TVE/GO team with strategic, analytical, development, product and project management expertise on complex work-stream projects.
This role will lead projects with a high degree of collaboration in a heavily matrixed and geographically diverse organization. The role requires strong project management and problem solving skills, as well as strong analytical, communication, and cross-cultural management experience.
1. Manage the day to day operations of the core 4 work-streams Programming, Marketing, Product / Operations and Analytics / Research
2. Lead and facilitate the workstream weekly meeting
3. Maintain and execute against the work-streams planning document
4. Report out on work-streams to the cross functional team and Sr. Management
5. Daily Coordination and Project Mngt of all Key GO Tentpoles and Events working with Marketing, Product and Editorial
6. Assist in preparing and presenting at stakeholder and TVE work stream meetings
7. Prepare and present project status updates as required.
8. Run daily stand ups and manage an iterative product development process with team leads
9. Create Project Initiation Documents simultaneously for multiple projects, varying in scope and timelines.
10. Own all project reporting including status and risks and issues (with input from local offices).
11. Agree and introduce new processes as required to ensure timely delivery.
12. Be Attentive to detail and possess a high-degree of follow-through.
13. Proven understanding of all key disciplines required as part of a project delivery.
14. Create financial reports as required as part of reporting.
15. Ensure each team in the delivery life cycle has assets to hand and deliver according to your plan.
* At least 10 years of experience working as a project manager within the digital organization is a plus
* Experience in a project management role delivering high profile, scalable digital products.
* Proven ability to lead and run multiple complex projects/programs from planning, design and development through to production.
* Experienced in delivering projects across multiple leaders.
* Experience in broadcast media or media strongly preferred but not essential.
* Team Oriented, self-starter: ability to work in a team as well as to work and lead efforts independently.
* Fluency in digital and technical terminology, comfortable working with technology and development teams.
* Strong presentation and communication skills; ability to interface with business customers at all levels of the organization.
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
* Must have legal write to work in US