Director CEP Sales
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education works with external and internal partners to further drive our mission by identifying and developing strategic initiatives that support Discovery Education efforts to transform teaching and learning.
As a key member of the Discovery Education Team, the Vice-President of CEP Partnerships, is responsible for extending Discovery Education’s impact through the development of strategic, custom-published education solutions with like-minded corporations, non-profits, government agencies, foundations and trade associations that are delivered to schools and families at no cost. Traditionally in underfunded areas such as workforce readiness, health & wellness, STEM, financial literacy, life skills and more, CEP programs support whole-child education and providing dynamic real-world learning opportunities for students nationwide.
The Vice-President of CEP Partnerships is responsible for the dynamic growth of the Division’s CEP client base within assigned territory. Accountable for proactively collaborating with the Partnership Development team to build, nurture and manage prospective partnership leads, the Vice-President of CEP Partnerships will oversee all aspects of his/her partner pipeline maturation, partnership proposals and negotiations, working in close collaboration with the CEP Development, Ideation & Concept Development, and Implementation teams.
Successful candidates for this role will demonstrate excellent public speaking skills, the ability to passionately and enthusiastically build partner engagement, a successful track record in partnership proposals & partnership development, a professional, collaborative, solution-oriented approach to his/her work, and a desire to make a meaningful difference in public education.
1. Represent Discovery Education at the highest levels within the business community, cultivating, nurturing and developing relationships at the national, regional and local levels to further business objectives.
2. Serve as lead Discovery Education representative in targeted partner/client meetings within territory, working collaboratively with DE internal teams to ensure deep and broad-based understanding of DE’s impact and how DE can strategically support our partners’ business objectives.
3. Lead all partnership activity within territory, overseeing strategy and ongoing partnership activities in order to convert leads once transitioned from the Business Development team, owning all aspects of ongoing partnership cultivation, partnership and program development and negotiation.
4. Responsible for building a proactive, high-impact relationship with the Development team, ensuring strategic and effective collaboration in support of long-cycle Divisional objectives.
5. Responsible for highly conceptual sell, with ability to strategically innovate in order to build fully customized education solutions for prospective partner base.
6. Excellent public presentation skills required, with ability to convey passion and enthusiasm in all client interactions.
7. Lead the development and execution of proactive, consistent and strategic merchandising efforts to ensure that all key DE stories, press, events and opportunities are optimized within territory, to key critical stakeholders.
8. Ensure prospective partner representation at all appropriate DE field events, trainings and community events within territory, directing the invitation process and coordinating between teams to ensure flawless client experiences and post-event merchandising.
9. Support excellent client relations with exemplary written and verbal communications, attention to detail, and respect for the goals of each partner/program. This will include, but is not be limited to, leading bi-weekly territory status update meetings, providing detailed recaps of action items and raising up issues in a timely manner and working them to resolution.
10. Collaborate with team members in order to continually expand, enhance and refine service offerings in order to strategically optimize opportunities and assets in challenging environment.
11. Ensure that principles of efficiency, economy and quality are utilized in all work.
12. Be creative, thoughtful and forward thinking looking for breakthrough creative ideas and ways to meet our goals in impactful and effective manner.
* Bachelor’s Degree Required
* Experienced and respected partnership executive with minimum 12-15 years of direct sales responsibility with proven ability to meet and exceed aggressive targets and track record in achieving business objectives.
* Career background must demonstrate a clear growth trajectory with increasing levels of expertise.
* As Vice-President will be accountable for positioning the DE brand & creating custom client solutions (i.e., not an existing, previously created product), successful candidate must show demonstrated ability and success with highly conceptual partnership solutions.
* Innovative, strategic thinker with strong analytical skills & ability to work collaboratively across teams, with high degree of autonomy.
* Demonstrated understanding of selling integrated marketing solutions across multiple platforms; experience in the K-12 marketplace helpful with understanding of digital media a plus
* Strong, verifiable relationships with potential clients and a proven track record of strategic account management, showing annual year-over-year growth.
* Excellent public speaking and proposal presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, high-energy, entrepreneurial environment.
* Excellent writing skills required.
* Candidate must be highly organized and disciplined, with a strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency.
* Willing to travel 10-15% of the time.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.