Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Work with SVP, Director and Manager of Development to coordinate the overall development process for Animal Planet, contribute to the creative process and function to meet business initiatives, standards for quality, value, and innovation.
1. Work closely with internal programming staff in New York, internal DCI representatives across various departments and external production companies.
2. Assist with the overall development process throughout the entire creative and production cycle.
3. Assist SVP with scheduling of meetings, phone logs, travel and expense reports and filing. Assist Manager of Development with maintenance of E-Submissions, Submissions Database input and project pass letters and digitizing submissions in our internal “screening room”.
4. Liaise with outside production companies as necessary to set up meetings and create agendas and schedules for programming markets.
5. Create agendas for editorial and development meetings with network GM.
6. Organize, track and maintain detailed records of all department progress. Category and content research. Support Development staff with presentation projects as needed. Participate and strategize with teams on new categories for future opportunities.
7. Departmental administrative work including travel, reports.
8. Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is needed.
* Ability to multi-task and balance priorities between two networks is a must.
* A minimum of two years’ experience in general entertainment, non-fiction genres and/or documentary television are needed.
* Ability to represent Discovery Communications well to outside producers and agents is important.
* Knowledge of all aspects of production and post-production is a plus.
* Computer skills – including Microsoft office – are needed
* Must have editorial judgment and strong verbal & written communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.