Creative Content Producer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York City, NY
Full Time Job
The Creative Content Producer is responsible for the development and execution of various types of stills and video shoots for business units domestically and internationally, including brand key art shoots, unit photography shoots on location during filming, and event shoots. Conceptualize and brainstorm art direction; hire and negotiate with vendors for stills and video, stylists, locations, wardrobe, props, set design and manage all shoot logistics – all aspects for production. Also maintain strong external relationships with top commercial and editorial photographers and reps/agents. Responsibilities also include art-buying: ensure best practices and cost efficiencies for researching and licensing rights-managed and royalty-free imagery. This role will service primarily ad sales, digital, network marketing, publicity and digital campaigns driven by creative materials. In this role, you will work across photo and creative content utilizing knowledge of TV/film productions, talent relations, asset trafficking/archiving and project management. This job is based in New York, NY, and reports to the Senior Manager, Photo Services in Silver Spring, MD. The ideal candidate will have a background with strong shoot production expertise. To be successful in this role, you must be able to plan and
execute on multiple projects simualtaneously. You must be extremely well-organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously.
• Develop and execute a global strategy, per project/title, to capture, produce and utilize creative material to enhance and
support the marketing, publicity and digital campaigns throughout its lifecycle.
• Produce stills and video shoots for multiple networks from pre-planning to post-production. Includes art direction,
selecting photographers and related vendors, negotiating fees and expenses, securing appropriate insurance, creating
shot lists and schedules, and liaising with creative team and client to produce projects on time and within budget.
• Produce strong creative materials.
• Assist with the asset management and servicing of materials.
• Oversee photography/video needs for multiple departments.
• Manage budgets.
• License imagery/footage.
• Photo editing.
• 5 years experience at a network or studio.
• Strong team player.
• Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills.
• Strong eye for producing visual assets.
• Experience working with international markets is preferred.
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously, and
manage competing priorities.
• Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication
skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams.
• Understand and have interest in federal copyright laws, usage licenses and embargos.
• Understand the photography/video industry.
• Strong knowledge in digital file specs and size formats.
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop.
Coming up with kickass, award-winning work, selling it, producing it, and having it seen by millions of people. That’s
what happens when you work here. The Discovery Agency is a full-service, in-house team of 100 experienced
industry professionals based in NYC, LA, London and DC. We support all Discovery businesses globally with
uncompromising creativity, strategic planning, visual storytelling, digital solutions, account service, ad sales integration
and every form of production. All backed by an almost sacrificial commitment to breakthrough work. From simple
key art to massive multi-platform 360 integrated campaigns, The Agency does it all – on any platform.