Compliance & Operations Specialist
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Sales Operations Specialist works closely with the Partnerships and PX teams to build sales and renewal orders for school districts. The Sales Operations Specialist serves as a subject matter expert on department policies in order to bring efficiency, consistency, and accuracy to the sales order process. Outside of managing sales order creation in Salesforce, projects will include, but are not limited to, sales team training, compliance, research, and process documentation.
1. Maintain a system to efficiently and effectively collect information from team member to build and manage school district sales orders within assigned regions in a CRM system.
2. Ensure all district, contact, and order information is accurate and includes the required documentation. Work with team members to resolve any issues.
3. Act as the liaison between the Contract Management and Partnership and PX teams to resolve discrepancies related to required school district data and pricing associated with the contract request.
4. Work to benchmarks and achieve key metrics related to the status and completion of sales orders and contracts.
5. Meet weekly with supervisor to track workflow across the team and to identify and resolve any outstanding pending questions or issues.
6. Run routine reports from Salesforce (CRM) to support the goals of the educational partnership teams.
7. Serve as the point of contact for best practice and on-going coaching/training of the partnerships team, in collaboration with the Business Systems Support team.
8. Become a subject matter expert on all DE sales guidelines and operational processes.
9. Update process documentation, order forms, and training documentation.
10. Complete additional projects as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
* Attention to detail, and mental agility in order to handle a diverse workload.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
* Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational, verbal, and written skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
*Previous experience with Salesforce or SAP.