Discovery CommunicationsParis, FR
Full Time Job
Eurosport, the Discovery-owned sports broadcaster, connects fans and athletes around the greatest sports events. Its channels, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Eurosportnews, reach 249 million cumulative subscribers across 99 countries in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Eurosport.com is Europe’s No.1 online sports news website with up to 23 million visitors each month. Eurosport Player is an all-access pass to the greatest events on the calendar, available anytime and on any device in 52 countries. Eurosport Events specialises in the management and promotion of international sporting events.
Eurosport is looking for a Broadcast Engineer for its Engineering/Maintenance department, with the following main duties:
• Maintaining specialist equipment for video production, broadcast and satellite transmission and interactive media;
• Setting up and monitoring audiovisual links between units in different locations;
• Installing and testing new facilities and equipment;
• Setting up and operating editing facilities in post-production suites;
• Analysing and repairing technical faults on equipment and systems;
• Minimising loss of service when equipment fails by quickly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision;
• Designing and installing custom audiovisual circuits;
• Designing and manufacturing hardware and systems;
• Communicating effectively with members of the team and other colleagues;
• Keeping up to date with the industry and changes in technology by building and maintaining a network of contacts and investigating new systems and techniques.
This role may participate and assist in project planning, design, development, testing, release management, and initial post go-live support plans.
You hold a BTS Visual (or equivalent) and you have at least 2-5 years of experience in the audio-visual field. You master the computer tools You will have good relational skills and fluent in English written/oral. Autocad software knowledge would be a plus. You also master digital audiovisual systems and have knowledge of the audiovisual manufacturing process.
• Structured reasoning
• Analytical skills
• Ability to assess
• Interpersonal skills
• Respect of the rules
Based in Issy-Les-Moulineaux
Astreintes (1 week out of 4) and possible trips.