Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Brand Strategist will work alongside the Brand VP’s to drive Ad Sales revenue on various network groupings.
a. Track status of networks’ sales plans and work with VP’s to develop strategies to ensure achievement of targets.
a. Provide direction and serve as a resource for the network sales executives to pioneer integrated programs, value earned, placement deals and provide guidance on pricing in terms of investment level in conjunction with VP Sales.
b. Ensure sales materials are in line with network and ad sales priorities.
c. Prospect new business and as appropriate participate in client and agency calls and meetings
d. Utilize network knowledge to identify key sales opportunities.
3. Ad Sales teams:
a. Partner with Revenue Strategy, Finance, Pricing & Planning to obtain and analyze information regarding status and success of sales plans.
b. Partner with Research to create compelling stories to bring to clients as well as ensure adequate information is included about clients for all internal development, RFP response, etc.
c. Liaise with Ad Sales Marketing and creative agency to create and execute custom solutions for clients.
4. Network teams:
a. Partner with network programming, marketing and communication on development of sales tent poles and other opportunities throughout the year
* Candidate must have 8 years-related Ad Sales experience
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to work in a matrixed sales organization while working closely within a sophisticated network structure while maintaining an intimate knowledge of all network programming and properties.
* Individual must be innovative and creatively execute company goals and directions
* Position requires travel
* BA degree or equivalent required
* Must have the legal right to work in the US